PyVmMonitor is a profiler with a simple goal: being the best way to profile a Python program.
- Attach profiler to a running (CPython) program
- Deterministic profiling through cProfile/profile integration
- On demand profiling with Yappi integration
- Analyze existing PStats results
- Open DOT files
- Programatic API access
- Profile on a different machine
- Multiple processes support (multiprocessing, django...)
- Live sampling/CPU view
- Select time range
- Group samples by method or line
- PyDev integration
- PyCharm integration
View the Manual for more information
Release notes: 1.0.1
- Pstats files may be passed in the command line to be opened in pyvmmonitor-ui.
- Fixed issue opening PyVmMonitor in Mac OS (El Capitan).
- Opening PStats file may fail because it's linked to a Python version, so, in such a situation, PyVmMonitor allows opening it using a different interpreter.
- Command line examples are properly wrapped with quotes on Windows.
Release notes: 0.6.0
- PyDev integration was improved on Linux/MacOS.
- PyCharm integration is now available.
- Fixed issue when PyVmMonitor was used with Python 3.
- The pyvmmmonitor.profile_method() decorator now has an optional 'condition' argument (see: PyVmMonitor API for details).
- A qt.conf is now distributed so that when running PyVmMonitor it doesn't conflict with a previously installed PySide in the system.